Thursday, March 17, 2011

An odd encounter

This morning, I was returning to my apartment with the morning papers when a guy, appearing to be in his late 20's by best guess, sidled up to me. Him: "Do you have a cigarette?" Me: "No. I don't smoke." Him: "Do you have 75 cents?" Me: "No." Him: "Can I pee on you?" Thankfully, he walked away before even trying that. The last I saw of this goof, he sat down for a moment on the doorstep of the pizzeria two doors away as I entered my building. When I ventured out again 2 minutes later to go to work, he was gone, perhaps to ply the same routine on some other unsuspecting citizen. Just what I didn't need to start my day.

2 comments:

Samuel Wilson said...

Was there a puddle on the doorstep?

hobbyfan said...

I walked by and didn't see a puddle. Like I said, he sat there at least for a moment to rest, I would assume.