Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Musical Interlude: '74-'75 (1994)

For me, this is class reunion week. It's hard to believe it's been 30 years since I graduated from Troy High, but it is.

Our 10th & 20th anniversaries were celebrated on Thanksgiving weekend in 1991 & 2001, respectively, but the organizer of this year's party decided to push it up to the Spring, a week before Easter. I can't fault the logic, to be honest with you. This allows the alumni to bookend a week plus of vacation to spend time with family & friends still here in the city, starting with the reunion this Saturday, and Easter 8 days later.

Bearing this in mind, I thought of the Connells' one-hit-wonder from 1994, "'74-'75", as an appropriate video to post up, since the song is also based on the artists' remembrance of their high school days. Lrickyutah uploaded the video to YouTube:



The only other song I could think of that would fit would be the Statler Brothers' "Class of '57", and I'll see if I can find a video before the week is out. Meantime, I'm compiling a list of my favorite songs from my high school days (1977-81), which I'll post between now & Saturday.

No comments: