Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Musical Interlude: Keeping the Faith (1983)

"Keeping The Faith" was the final single released from Billy Joel's 1983 album, "An Innocent Man", and it's easy to see why it was kept in heavy rotation on MTV when the video premiered in 1984. Look for cameos by Dick Clark (American Bandstand), Richard Pryor, and Joe Piscopo (Saturday Night Live) in the video. Character actor Richard Shull plays the judge. From Joel's VEVO channel:



Let's see the cast of Glee try covering this song!

2 comments:

magicdog said...

I so loved this album, it's one of my favorite of Billy Joel's work!!

In fact, since he interpreted the musical era of the 50s and early
60s so well, my parents used to have to borrow my cassette for road trips and listen to it every chance they got!

The videos were also fun to watch (although they seem a bit tainted now since Christie Brinkley was prominently featured in most of them and they had since split) including this one. Defending your life in a court of music was rather inspired at the time. Having those cameos added to the fun of it all, not unlike a musical!

hobbyfan said...

I had "An Innocent Man" on tape, then unloaded it when I got the greatest hits CD set. If you thought this video rocked your world, well, I can pull up some more, like "Tell Her About It". Have to do that sometime.....