Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Videos of Summer: Rockin' at Midnight (1985)

The Honeydrippers was a short-lived supergroup that featured Robert Plant (ex-Led Zeppelin) on vocals, and a rotating lineup of guests that included talents as diverse as Jeff Beck and Paul Shaffer (Late Night With David Letterman). The 2nd single from the Honeydrippers CD was a cover of "Rockin' At Midnight". Plant is the only band member appearing in the clip, which is chock full of dance club footage dating back several years. More than 25 years later, it still kicks ass:



2 comments:

magicdog said...

I remember when the Honeydrippers appeared!

"Sea of Love" was ripping up the charts and I admit I bought the album ASAP!

It is still great listening!

hobbyfan said...

I think I still have this on cassette, but I'll check at home when I get a sec. I think this ended up being a precursor to Plant's dance hit from 5 years later, "Tall Cool One". Like, who knew the man could groove?