Saturday, May 11, 2013

Does ordering pizza make you excited enough to dance? (1989)

I can recall when this first aired.

I was stretched out on my sofa at home, watching football (I think it was a Bills game on NBC), and had fallen half-asleep when the following ad for Domino's Pizza came on.



Martha Quinn had returned to MTV after more than 2 years away 7 months earlier, which had to make her legions of fans very, very happy. The fact that she ends up dancing on her sofa to the beat of the Human Beinz' "Nobody But Me" just happens to be part of the gimmick to this ad. These days, she's let her hair down much further (as anyone who's played her 80's game on MSN.com knows from seeing her picture), and, with fellow MTV alums Nina Blackwood, Alan Hunter, & Mark Goodman, is pushing a book these days, leading to an appearance earlier this week on the Today Show, I think we'll be hearing a lot more from Martha real soon......

No comments: